Welcome - Benvenuti - Welcome


Thanks for coming here, take a sit and have a visit.

This is my blog, I paint in watercolor media, that's my way, that's what I am.

No favourite subject, just my fantasy and what life suggests me.

I paint also commission, contact me directly for that.

Loredana

P.S. I forgot to ask you to be patient with me, I write in english but that's not my mother tongue, and believe me, I try to do my best to express my thoughts and feelings.

Monday, May 26, 2008

Happy Nun - Unmentionable - La suora allegra



This watercolor was made for this moth EBSQart Show - Unemtionables Underwear
its' a squared art 5.5 x 5.5 inches painted on Arches 14olbs paper.

There's a story below it:
There’s a way to say here in Italy that says:” The dress doesn’t make the monk”…
This paint is inspired by a fact really happened to me when I was a young girl and used to spend some days during the summer with my friend Emanuela at her home near the sea in Tuscany. One day, I was hanging up my bikini after coming home from the beach and saw a nice g-string (quite innovative at that time) hanged there, as neither me, my friend or her mother used to use this kind of underwear I asked who was the owner of this garment. The replay to my question was like a frozen shower to me, because I discovered that the owner was my friend’s aunt that was in vacation there too. What shocked me was that the aunt was quite old and that she was a nun!!! That’s quite unmentionable and if I hadn't seen it with my eyes I would difficult have believed this, in this case we can say: “the dress doesn't make the nun”

No comments: