Welcome - Benvenuti - Welcome


Thanks for coming here, take a sit and have a visit.

This is my blog, I paint in watercolor media, that's my way, that's what I am.

No favourite subject, just my fantasy and what life suggests me.

I paint also commission, contact me directly for that.

Loredana

P.S. I forgot to ask you to be patient with me, I write in english but that's not my mother tongue, and believe me, I try to do my best to express my thoughts and feelings.

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Fishermen - 6 of spades in 2011 ACEO Playing Card Deck

ACEO 2,5 x 3,5 - watercolor on Fabriano 300 gms paper.
Painted for the 3rd ACEO Playing Card Deck at Ebay Aceo Group. This year I have the 6 of Spades.

Tis is from a pic I took in Zanzibar a couple years ago. The color of the sky and the mix of bluish of the sea gives a great contrast to the white if the sails of this little boats.
The boats are carved in a single piece of wood and yhis wood looks so black.
Fishermen don't love that people takes pics of them or better they'd like to gain some money from this but my camera was powerfull enough to be able to get son excellent shoots that are perfect for some more paintings!

5 comments:

Lee Pierce said...

Lore, this is a lovely scene! Great fun to be part of the deck ;^)

Gabriela said...

Bellissima idea per una bella carta!

Loredana Mariotto said...

Thanks a lot Lee and Gabriela, I enjoed so much to be part of it in the past and now again. The point of making a card is that you try to out your art inside of it and you try to explain who you are.

schulmanart said...

the fisherman add a great touch of humanity to the painting.

Anonymous said...

The Packers have lots of owners nobody knows instead of one owner who doesn't know squat.Packer & movers!!