Welcome - Benvenuti - Welcome


Thanks for coming here, take a sit and have a visit.

This is my blog, I paint in watercolor media, that's my way, that's what I am.

No favourite subject, just my fantasy and what life suggests me.

I paint also commission, contact me directly for that.

Loredana

P.S. I forgot to ask you to be patient with me, I write in english but that's not my mother tongue, and believe me, I try to do my best to express my thoughts and feelings.

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Amore e psiche Tributo a Canova - Love and Psiche Master tibute to Canova

OSWOA - ORIGINAL WATERCOLOR - OSWOA By Loredana Mariotto - Mles"Amore e Psiche"Master Tribute to Antonio Canova

This is an ORIGINAL WATERCOLOR , not a print,painted on 140 lbs / 300gsm FABRIANO Watercolor paper.

To paint this OSWOA I used Winsor & Newton Artist's colors.The size of the paint is of 4 x 6 inchesabout 10 x 15 cm.

This OSWOA has a little white border to allow a better framing, on request, it can be cut.
.•:*¨¨*:•. ¤ .•:*¨¨*:•. ¤ .•:*¨¨*:•. ¤ .•:*¨¨*:•. ¤ .•:*¨¨*:•. ¤ .•:*¨¨*:•.

ABOUT THIS PAINT
This is a tribute to the Master Antonio Canova. Here I reprouced in Monochrome watercolor, the marble statue "Amore e Psiche", Psyche Revived by Cupid's Kiss), commissioned in 1787 was ended in 1793, it's showed now in Paris at Louvre Museum.In this statue we can see the two bodies lie in a pyramidal shape that are opposed by Cupid's wings and creates a perfect balancement.This statue exemplifies the Neoclassical obsession for love and emotions.It represents the god Cupid (Amore) in the act of love and tenderness, right after awakening the lifeless Psyche with a kiss, a scene excerpted from Lucius Apuleius' novel The Golden Ass. It's a masterpiece of its period, it appeals to the senses of sight and touch, yet simultaneously alludes to the Romantic interest in emotion co-existing with Neoclassicism.Every month the Watercolor Wet and Wild promote a Master rendition, this month, for Valentine's Day, we decide to add a theme: Love and kisses, always looking at the Master's artwork.
To see more of our works, search for MLES.
.•:*¨¨*:•. ¤ .•:*¨¨*:•. ¤ .•:*¨¨*:•. ¤ .•:*¨¨*:•. ¤ .•:*¨¨*:•. ¤ .•:*¨¨*:•.

No comments: